Provided by The Backcountry Pros
Friday, December 2, 2022
Avalanche I (Low Ratio 4:1) - AAI. 2 hr evening Zoom session 7:00pm 12/02, field days 7:30am-5pm 12/03-12/04. American Avalanche Institute online learning module. Practical skills application based course run by AMGA certified guides.
This is a low-ratio (4:1) Level I avalanche course offered in conjunction with the American Avalanche Institute. This course is designed specifically for recreational skier and split-boarders looking to ski tour safely in the backcountry.
This course includes:
- American Avalanche Institute online curriculum access ~7hrs
- 2 eight hour field day sessions
- Course intro Zoom and Course wrap Zoom
- 4:1 Low Ratio field instruction
- Course is run by AMGA Certified Ski Guide or IFMGA Mountain Guide
Learning Outcomes: -Interpret and implement avalanche forecasts -Identify avalanche terrain and safely move through the backcountry -Communicate more effectively with your partners
-Preform an avalanche rescue -Plan and execute an appropriate ski tour for a given day -Assess conditions in the field, including the use of snow pits and stability tests