Location Name or Route
Storm brought in ~20" since 3/5, and ~8" on 3/9. Plan to ski PC Ridgeline from 9990 gate. Want to see what we were working with and how the storm snow is bonding to crust layers. Avalanche report was correct in that south half of compass had storm snow on top a sun crust. We planned to ski north half of compas. Decided to dig a pit West Facing since it that would be potentially the worst aspect we planned to ski. Snow pit look stabile and as expected. 10-18" of loose dry on top that collapsed easily in the Compression Test. We planned to ski cut before each run. We made 4 laps, sticking to route plan, great day. Even got onto some 35degree slopes that had some sluff issues, but chose low risk runouts and no terrain traps. Great day if you got out.
Today's Observed Danger Rating
Tomorrows Estimated Danger Rating